cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
C77uk
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New laptop: Fuzzy, distorted noise with slowdown

Hi,

I've bought an HP Envy 17-j141na Laptop, Intel Core i7, 12GB RAM, 1TB, 17.3", Silver with Windows 8.

When playing games (Civilization V, Minecraft, Banished) sometimes a loud, fuzzy, distorted noise will come from the speakers and the gameplay will slow considerably. This has happened in all three games. It has occured both with the out-of-the-box (unupdated) computer and has continued after doing a Minimized Image Recovery (a clean re-install of Windows from the Hard Disk Recovery) and then fully updating with Windows Update, HP update, and updating the latest graphics drivers direct from Nvidia.

What might be causing this issue? Might it be faulty hardware? The laptop was only bought two and a half weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
OsbourneVernonL
Level 5
224 221 10 30
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@C77uk wrote:

Hi,

I've bought an HP Envy 17-j141na Laptop, Intel Core i7, 12GB RAM, 1TB, 17.3", Silver with Windows 8.

When playing games (Civilization V, Minecraft, Banished) sometimes a loud, fuzzy, distorted noise will come from the speakers and the gameplay will slow considerably. This has happened in all three games. It has occured both with the out-of-the-box (unupdated) computer and has continued after doing a Minimized Image Recovery (a clean re-install of Windows from the Hard Disk Recovery) and then fully updating with Windows Update, HP update, and updating the latest graphics drivers direct from Nvidia.

What might be causing this issue? Might it be faulty hardware? The laptop was only bought two and a half weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.

Could be number of things heating, background processes and throtelling i would sometimes blame the Harddrive choice 5400rpm is no substitute for an i7. 

Pavilion 17-e188sd Notebook PC
AMD E1-2500 Radeon 8200
Samsung SSD EVO 840
Corsair DDR3 8192 MB RAM
QC 802.11bgn/BT/Win 8.1 64 bit

C77uk
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'll have to give it the benefit of the doubt that the issue is related to intense processor or graphics usage or overheating.

0 Kudos
OsbourneVernonL
Level 5
224 221 10 30
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It could also be malware or some type virus that is bogging down your system, also one thing have expirenced my self was that after a minimalistic recovery or something of the sorts the system requires a bit of time to fully reinstate your services and other atributes that were previously installed on your device so that it seems like nothingg ever happened, resulting in slight side effects not favorable.

If you can run a scan of your system clear unwanted cluter history and that kind of stuff from your web browser and if all eles fails i would contact hp support in your region to see if they can help.

Pavilion 17-e188sd Notebook PC
AMD E1-2500 Radeon 8200
Samsung SSD EVO 840
Corsair DDR3 8192 MB RAM
QC 802.11bgn/BT/Win 8.1 64 bit

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation