cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mukesh84
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

New laptop but expired warranty

HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP Notebook 15ay168sa

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I have purchased a new laptop HP Notebook 15-ay168sa on 14th January 2017.

when I open HP support assistant application, the warranty period information showing EXPIRED status.

It also showed standard warranty start date: 14-01-2017 and standard warranty end date: 14-01-2017.

However, this product come with 1 year warranty period.

I could not understand how come the warranty is already expired.

Can anyone please advise on how to get this fixed?

Thanks

Mukesh

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
LetsTECH
Level 4
141 141 8 19
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp & HP Service center are counting the warranty from the date of The Invoice. Now few machine may be a year old that why it show to you the wrong date.

However the date of the Invoice will expand your warranty . furthermore you can call to HP helpdesk to fix it ! 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation