cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PcCowboy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New laptop frozen (for real)

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ordered a new laptop from HP. It was suppose to arrive this Fri. This morning (Thur) I found it on my front porch. Checking FedX I found that they delivered it Wed. That means it been sitting outside for two days at 21f. Would this cause a problem with the laptop? I haven't opened it yet. Waiting for the box to get to room temp. Also Fedx said that I signed for the package when I didn't.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
41,121 39,597 6,159 10,694
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New laptop frozen (for real)

Not going to get between you and fedex but you will be fine. Take it out of the box and let it get to room temp and make sure there is no condensation. Let it thaw and dry is what I mean before you start it up. These things fly in the unheated cargo holds of airplanes at 35,000 feet all the time. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation