cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nijan Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New notebook quite slow

Hp notebook 14-af117AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
i recently bought a new notebook.when I surf through the Internet,most of the time it lags while sometimes it's really slow.What should I do??
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
8595 8450 689 3086
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New notebook quite slow

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. I am sorry for the issues you experience with your new computer.

Let's try to find the culprit:

>> Using the UEFI option, test your computer for hardware failures - test RAM, test disk, system board. Here is how >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1

Please, note the results and post them back.

>> Is Windows fully updated ? It may be downloading/installing updates in the background and this may cause some freezing.

Please, check it is fully updated - go to Settings -> Windows Update

I am afraid that in Windows 10 there is no way to stop installing updates (stop auto updates) other than bringing the computer offline which is not an option.

>> Please, install HP Support Assistant (if not already installed). Check for updates in drivers. Here is how:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905

>> I need to know what software is installed on your machine and what runs with it.

Download Trend Micro's HiJackThis app:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

Save and run the exe file.

1) Click on "Do a scan and save log file" button

After scan, if a log file pops up in Notepad - that is excellent. If not, choose "Save log" button and choose to save the log file somehwere

The log file - open it, choose "Select All" (CTR + A) , then copy it and paste it all here in your next reply.

2) Open HiJackThis app again - in the Main screen , choose "Open the Misc tools section"

Choose "Generate StartupList Log". The program will automatically open a Notepad windows filled with the Startup items from your computer. Copy and paste all the info and place it your next reply

3) Open HiJackThis app again - in the Main screen , choose "Open the Misc tools section".

Choose "Open Uninstall Manager" button. Choose "Save list" button and specify where you would like to save this log. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file.

Copy and paste all the info and place it your next reply

You can now close HiJackThis and delete it.

SUMMARY:

In your next reply, please provide resume of your hardware tests results

Windows Update status, HP Support assistant status

HiJackThis - 3 logs, pasted in your next replies

I will analyze the information and will guide you for next possible recommendations. 

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security

0 Kudos
Nijan Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New notebook quite slow

AMD Dual-Core Processor E-16015(1.4GHz)
500GB Hard Drive
4096MB DDR3 SDRAM
DVD RW Optical Drive
WIndows@10
WLAN
DTS

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation