Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17t-k000 model:G0U21AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Newer HP Envy 17t laptop purchased new in Apr 2015. Worked fine until Jan 2017, then plugged in power adapter and no response. Unplugged adapter and tried booting with battery only, nothing. Accomplished the hard reset attempt and still nothing.

Took laptop to Geek Squad (Best Buy) authorized HP repair facility for diagnosis Jan 2017. Sent to repair facility by them January, called me in Feb 2017 and advised needed new motherboard and hard drive and parts ordered.

Received a call from them yesterday Mar 2017 that my laptop being returned unrepaired as a replacement motherboard is not available...

As it is out of HP manufacturers one year warranty it seems as if I am lost.

I have a hard time believing I just paid $1,400 to HP for a new 17" top of the line laptop one and half years ago, no repairs or parts are available it, and I am just "stuck" with an expensive and useless piece of electronics.

Can this be the case HP? If so, may have to contact the CA Dept of Consumer Affairs and file a complaint..even f the manufacturers warranty is expired six months ago, there still has to be an implied warranty of merchantability on a new item.

How can you help me HP? Got any suggestions? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

We are not going to get into the warranty thing as this Forum is end user to end user support, not official HP warranty claims or after-warranty claims. 

I did strike out trying to find the motherboard at any of the parts supply houses I usually use however, there are shops that can rework a motherboard to factory specs by replacing dead chips for a fairly reasonable cost:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Envy-M7-K010DX-Motherboard-773128-501-763721-501-763718-501-Repair-Servic...

The title of the auction speaks of another model but uses same motherboard. 

You asked for suggestions and there you have one. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Huffer.

I also struck out seeking motherboard parts from HP and other sites.

I have contacted HP Customer Support and see what I get for a response. I may have to file a complaint with the CA Dept of Consumer Affairs I am afraid. Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.