Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Denzjim Tutor
Tutor
8 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

No BASS - poor sound quality.

HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

Please I need help with my Laptop:

HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 14
Original OS: Windows 8, then upgraded to Windows 8.1, then currently upgraded to Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Problem 1: The "Touch Screen" feature is not working anymore. I can't remember if it happened during upgrades since I rarely touch the screen.

Problem 2: Since around 2 months ago, the sound quality deteriorated. The volume is still good, but no bass when listening with both headphones or theater speakers. But when I used other music players, both headphones & theater speakers sound very good. So the problem is in my laptop, even the graphic Equalizer cannot enhance the quality. The sound in my laptop is very essential since I do music productions using this laptop. It's frustrating having this poor sound quality. I already did Uninstall & Reinstall the driver IDT High Definition Audio CODEC but still no improvement.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1105 86 195
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

denzjim

test the driver

Uninstall the old IDT driver and reboot

after reboot install the new driver

ftp://hpcomllb9.houston.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501​​-72000/sp71886.exe

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Denzjim Tutor
Tutor
8 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Thank you for your answer.

I did your advise but still no improvement.

0 Kudos
Denzjim Tutor
Tutor
8 0 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

I already found the solution!

For anyone of you who got the same problem,

TRY THIS:

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click <Playback Devices>.
3. Click <Speakers>.
4. Click <Properties>.
5. Click the <Advanced> tab.
6. Unchek <Enable audio enhancements>.
7. Click <Apply> then <OK>.

You may want also to do the same on your other Playback devices like Communications Headphones.

Hope this can help.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation