Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Message 1 of 4 (2,955 Views)

No BASS - poor sound quality.

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 14
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

Please I need help with my Laptop:

HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 14
Original OS: Windows 8, then upgraded to Windows 8.1, then currently upgraded to Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Problem 1: The "Touch Screen" feature is not working anymore. I can't remember if it happened during upgrades since I rarely touch the screen.

Problem 2: Since around 2 months ago, the sound quality deteriorated. The volume is still good, but no bass when listening with both headphones or theater speakers. But when I used other music players, both headphones & theater speakers sound very good. So the problem is in my laptop, even the graphic Equalizer cannot enhance the quality. The sound in my laptop is very essential since I do music productions using this laptop. It's frustrating having this poor sound quality. I already did Uninstall & Reinstall the driver IDT High Definition Audio CODEC but still no improvement.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 4 (2,896 Views)

Re: No BASS - poor sound quality.

test the driver

Uninstall the old IDT driver and reboot

after reboot install the new driver​​-72000/sp71886.exe

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Message 3 of 4 (2,849 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

I did your advise but still no improvement.

Message 4 of 4 (2,662 Views)

I already found the solution!

For anyone of you who got the same problem,

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click <Playback Devices>.
3. Click <Speakers>.
4. Click <Properties>.
5. Click the <Advanced> tab.
6. Unchek <Enable audio enhancements>.
7. Click <Apply> then <OK>.

You may want also to do the same on your other Playback devices like Communications Headphones.

Hope this can help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation