Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

No CD provided: How do I Re-Install Win 7 on Pavilion dv7 6c43cl

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7 6c43cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Greetings,
Newbie here on the HP forums.

My hard drive crashed (HP Pavilion dv7computer purchased at Costco on Feb. 19, 2012; now out of warranty).  I replaced crashed hard drive with SSD (solid state hard drive).  

Windows 7 was pre-installed on the original HD. However, no CD came with the computer.  Win 7 and user manual were loaded on the original HD which crashed and I cannot access. 
I went to a local computer repair place recommended by a friend, which sold me the new SSD hard drive and provided a copy of Win 7 Professional which  I installed using the genuine original Win 7 product key on my computer.  
The "new" Win 7 Pro loaded OK.  However, all the graphics and appearances of the windows content is distorted (wider) and operates differently than the original Win 7 that came with the computer.  This is a crucial element, since I work with photo editing for my professional photography business (just starting out) and the images must appear without distortion.

Is there a link where I can find out the original version of Win 7 orginally pre-loaded with this computer (I believe it was the home [?] edition) and where I  can download this?  I've spent nearly a week contacting various places and searching this forum, however, I could not find the answer to my inquiry.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much. God bless you.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,760 84,647 10,701 22,942
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It si too late now therfore you can use the following option:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

Thank you for your prompt recply.  I will check out the link you kindly provided containing the recovery options at HP.

God bless you, and thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings again,

I went to the link you kindly provided.
It lists various options for HD recovery.  
Since I cannot access Win 7 on the crashed disk and no CD came with the computer, I see there is an option to order (for a fee) the
"DVD - Windows 7 64b SP1 + Supp 2 Recovery Kit

System Recovery Kit for Consumer Notebook (3 Discs)".

Would this restore my computer to the original Windows 7 operating system functionality?

And, would this have features in addition to the "free" software and drivers on that link?

Also, I am wondering if there is a money-back guarantee on the recovery kit, in the event it does not work properly.

Thank you again for your time and assistance.  Blessings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,760 84,647 10,701 22,942
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The kit is for your machine, it will bring your machine back to day 1.  For Software, please check the list at the bottom of the following link:

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03129247

For money back, please talk with the place when you order the kit. I don't work for HP and that store. I think they may send you a new set.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation