Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
maccyb Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 11 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No HDMI sound after Windows 8.1 update

Actually I don't think it's a HP problem. I have a Samsung XE 700 Pro Tablet and exactly the same thing has happened to me.  I havent tried the solution suggested here yet, but hopefully it will work for me too. I think it's a W 8.1 problem rather than computer.

0 Kudos
JakeCook Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 12 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have the exact same problem - Windows 8.1 seems to just have screwed up my recently purchased laptop. Reckon it's worth rolling back to 8? Hope there's a fix soon - it's really annoying me... 

0 Kudos
maccyb Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 13 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Jake, and everyone! I found the solution...at least on my Samsung Tablet but I reckon it is the same for others..W8 forget the HDMI I think. Anyway..just switch off your computer then attach it to the TV with your hdmı cable. Then switch on TV in the right mode...and then the tablet...open " manage audion devices" in Hardware and Sound, you will see your tv speaker on the list... and then mark it as default.   Play a video..you should hear your sound and it will remember it for the future...Let me know if it solves your problem too..

0 Kudos
wasala18 Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 14 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

THAT IS NOT A SOLUTION!!! Eeven my WINDOWS 7 laptop can plug into a tv WHILE PLAYING A VIDEO, and the sound and video switch right over!!! THIS IS A CLUSTERFUDGE OF MASSIVE PROPORTIONS!!

HP: FIGURE OUT A DRIVER FIX OR EVEN SOLUTION FOR WINDOWS TO IMPLEMENT, YOU'RE THE ONES THAT FORCED ME TO HAVE WINDOWS 8 ON MY "AMAZING" NEW LAPTOP...

MICROSOFT: BILL GATES, DON'T GO BASHING iPads saying "u find them frustrating to use" on CNBC when even my old ipad can plug into my **bleep** TV!!!!! FIX THIS NOW!! do u intend for the business people in the world that load up a presentation on their laptop and then walk into the meeting and plug their laptop into a projector to have time to RESTART THE **bleep** LAPTOP!!???!!!?? NO!!!! WE DONT!!!!! 

0 Kudos
wasala18 Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 15 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng

that link takes u to an update from Intel for they're hd graphics and audio drivers.. I found the solution for my laptop NO THANKS TO HP OR MICROSOFT!! and these updated drivers aren't even available through windows update.. just plain sad.. I still stand by everything i said before.. 

Tags (1)
cincinik Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 16 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

THAAAANKK YOUUUUUUU!

I had the same problem until 2 minutes ago   thanks to this driver everything works just fine now. 

0 Kudos
rocksandgoose Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 17 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the intel driver suggestion; trying it out now. As to HP support, it is pathetic. I just bought a laptop from them for the first time, and this is not the first time they have let me down. I love solving puter problems, but I have never found the answer here. Seriously HP, I need a job and you need competent employees.

0 Kudos
John_Perez Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 18 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks, drivers worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
user_1 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 19 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have a HP ENVY 17-j005tx Notebook and was also having thi s issue of no HDMI sound.  Which meant when I connected it to a TV, I was stuck listening to the laptop speakers or the standard headphone audio out connection.

I tried a couple of other suggested trouble shooting options though downloading the drivers given below worked!  Thank you for sharing this link here!

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng

I am extremely surprised that the "HP Support Assistant" was of no help.  As this is a very popular issue I expected this tool, to point me to the updated drivers.

0 Kudos
Laptop2 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 20 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hewlett-Packard

HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC

C8U17AV

Notebook PC

HDMI feature

Picture but no sound

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation