Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
faviodelgado Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Pen or TOuch Input is available for this display HELP

HP ENVY M7
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently bought a HP Envy M7 Smart Touch Energy Saver laptop, after a month of using it I just became so irritated by Windows 10 constantly freezing or apps crashing (due to compatibility).  So I Installed Windows 8.1 In order to maintain the touch screen interface in the laptop, after I installed windows 8.1 I downloaded all of the drivers available for my Laptop, after updating every single aspect, my Windows System Information states "No Pen or Touch Input", I cannot seem to find any touch screen drivers in the HP website and there are some drivers in Device Manager with an exclamation mark as "Unknown Devices", I've enabled view hidden devices and there's no sign of any touch screen driver. I made a component test in UFI to see if there was a faulty with the touch screen and there's not, it's just a driver compatibility issue.

Any help?

Please and thank you

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 952 2192
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY m7 Notebook and the Touch Screen not working correctly. Here

is a link to help troubleshoot the Touch Screen in Windows 8.

Here will show you how to check if your Touch Screen is enabled:

Press the Windows logo key + X.
Select Device Manager from the list.
Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list. Click the touch screen driver. Right click to confirm that it is enabled.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Spydrcap Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. 
I tried the soltion you mentioned but I didn't find any touch screen drivers under human interface drivers.
what should I do now?

0 Kudos
DJTech Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem also...In the Control Panel under System it says "No Pen or Touch input is available for this display." and in Device Manager under Human Interface Devices there is no Touch Screen device to click on.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Mani7 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

even i dont have  touch and pen drives in HID

how can i install pen and touch driver

even i have searched in hp support but i did'nt get............

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation