cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
squidykins
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Sound on Hp 15-n265sa Laptop

I have lost all sound on my computer - I have windows 8.1 . I have also got issues with loading control panel - Computer just freezes.

Help please. 

Suz

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 4 dhtp
Level 4
100 100 5 18
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear squidykins -

I understand that you are having trouble with sound and your computer freezing up.  Try these steps.

1. from the start screen type "advanced" to open the search charm

2. Select "Change Advanced Startup Options" from the list of results.

3. Click the Restart now button at the bottom of the page. There will be a delay, and then a Choose an Option page will open.

4. Select Troubleshoot.

5. Select Advanced Options

6. Select Startup Repair.

Windows will attempt to diagnose and fix the problem.  This can take some time, so be patient.  It is also normal that the computer may reboot.  Once completed, the system will tell you if it was able to repair anything.

Please let me know if this takes care of the problem.  If it does not, we can try something else.

Sincerely,

dhtp

DH
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click "KUDOS Thumbs Up" if I have helped you, and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. Thanks for the feedback!
0 Kudos
squidykins
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It hasn't fixed the problem. Came up as can't fix shut down or continue with windows 8.1. Any other ideas?
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation