Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sundeep013 Top Student
Top Student
2 0 3
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No WiFi adapter found after windows 10 upgrade

Pavilion 15 p-201tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 but after the upgradation the WiFi does not works.

There was no WiFi adapter found and the same goes for Bluetooth.

Please assist from where can these drivers be downloaded

9 REPLIES
ccsben Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please check http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro-surfusingwin10/no-wireless-device-after-upg...

To get wireless working without rolling back to Windows 8/8.1 is to run this command as admin.

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

It was provided by Barb Bowman.

0 Kudos
gksmithlcw Tutor
Tutor
10 0 7
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No dice.

Grant K. Smith
A+, Network+, MCP x 2, BSIT/VC, MIS
0 Kudos
Sundeep013 Top Student
Top Student
2 0 3
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Didn't work :(
0 Kudos
ccsben Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The fix most likely only applies to the machines installed with Cisco VPN clinet with Deterministic Network Enhancer attached to the network adapter.

Also the command needs to be run as admin. The original solution did also include the removal of a registry key

reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f

But I wasn't sure if it was necessary.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Baz2 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had no wireless after updating my Pavilion DM4 3002ea to Windows 10 Home 64bit. None of the solutions on here worked for me but I stumbled across the solution when I'd given up and decided to re-install Windows 7. I think the problem arises when you instal Windows 10 without the wireless adapter being switched on so ...

1. Set the BIOS to boot from CD/DVD first

2. Boot from Windows installation DVD and once it loads to the installation screen I found I could switch the wireless adapter on.

3. Once the wireless adapter is switched on remove the Windows installation DVD from the drive and boot as normal to Windows 10 and "hopefully" you will be able to switch off Flight mode and input your wireless network details

0 Kudos
MaxWantsIt Tutor
Tutor
11 0 3
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I solved it for our HP Notebook. The solution is on this HP thread here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/Windows-10-Upgrade-Wifi-Adapter-Issue...

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Sequoias Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ter upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my HP Elitebook 8460P I have been unable to use my wireless internet. I have the use of my internet cable still working but no wireless capability. What is the solution?

Joe

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
88 3 9
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there, 

Try the following:

Get the latest wifi drivers for your model from hp.com, install them, reboot.

Then, simply hold down the shift key and select shut down, and wait for it to completely turn off. Next, boot it up, and the wifi should be working. 

If not, you need to disable 'fast startup' option, which is buried somewhere in the power options, google it.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Jimmy_450 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Co-worker who looks like a viking recommended this:

Go into BIOS

Under System Configuration, select Built-In Device Options

Wireless Button State > Checked

LAN/WLAN Switching > Unchecked

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation