Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 4 (12,467 Views)

No audio on my probook 4510s

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a new HP probook 4510s with an audio problem, more precisely no audio at all. I followed all the troubleshooting, download audio drivers, delete them, install again... all I could find, but nothing seem to work. Any idea before I take it to repair? Smiley Sad

Ah, the only thing I didn't do is to check if the sound is turned on in the BIOS and I don't know how to do this.

Thanks a lot!

Mara

Message Edited by mara4510s on 07-20-2009 04:52 AM
0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 4 (11,108 Views)

Re: No audio on my probook 4510s

I had the same probelem - in he sound conrol panel the audio tab - mine was defaulting to ATI hd audio rear output as opposed to Soundmax - changing that worked for me - I am running XP Pro.  now if I could only find out why it is doing that

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (8,010 Views)

In the audio panel I have only the ATI HD REAR card.

I've tried to install the SoundMAX driver but after unpacking it comes up with the following error:

The audio Driver files do not support your computer hardware.

I have several laptops with the same problem (Windows XP SP3)

Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (8,005 Views)

Press F10 to access BIOS: go to System Configuration => Built-in Device Options => Enable the AUDIO CARD

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation