Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mohamad1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No bootable device insert boot disc and press any key

Pavilion G6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I was trying to fix a USB drive, so I went to (diskmgmt.msc) and mistakenly I did a change to the (HP System Tool) or called something like that portion, I think I choose (activate)  or so.

Then, I restarted the laptop, and received the below message :

"No bootable device insert boot disc and press any key"

I tried to restore the system to a previous point, and when it was done and restarted, the message appeared again.

Can you advice on how to get it back without loosing my 500 GB of data :( :(

Thanksss

1 REPLY
Dean
Dean
12391 582 1536
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No bootable device insert boot disc and press any key

Pull the drive from the PC, connect it to another windows PC using a hdd to usb adapter and copy critical files to that PC to save the data just in case, then open disk management and select C partition of that problem drive and mark C as active again, put it back in the pc and see if it will boot now.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation