Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hope someone can help.

HP notebook problem has occurred today in that none of the browsers will open up the internet. 

I am am using an iPad in the same network without any problems.  I am sending emails using Outlook on the notebook again with no issues.

I noticed another post had a problem with Chrome browser - so I have uninstalled this and restarted the computer. I have also tried the tip of switching off and removing battery and restarting but still no joy.

When I open Microsoft Edge - the "Where to next?" Question appears and allows me to enter a web address but then the little circle of dots next to the Start on the top left hand corner just goes round and round constantly.

When I open Internet Explorer I see a message saying "waiting for hp15-comm.m......   with a constantly turning circle.

If I enter any address in the bar it just constantly says waiting for 

Look forward to a solution.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

For anyone looking for an answer - I subsequently found this one from years ago - but it still worked for me

Accepted Solution Internet is working but browsers will not load.
Options
‎10-20-2010 04:02 PM
About a week ago my web browsers stopped working. I'm running Vista and I use FireFox. I also have Internet Explorer but neither of them will load any web page when i go to them. I know my connection is working because I can use any other program that requires internet. I've been told that I have a virus. I've ran Malwarebytes, RKill, Avast!, CCleaner, Advanced System Care, and I've tried a system restore but nothing has helped. Anyone have any idea whats wrong or how I can fix this?
Accepted Solution Re: Internet is working but browsers will not load.
10-20-2010 04:23 PM
Hi,

From the start menu.....All Program......Accessories, right click on the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'. Enter the command listed below seperately and hit return after each one.

ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
netsh int reset resetlog.txt
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset

Now type exit and hit return. Reboot your computer and see if this has worked.

Best wishes,

DP-K

View solution in context

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.