Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (746 Views)

No display - blank

My HP Pavilion dv2500 with nvidia card is dead. When I turn it on, the display stays blank... nothing really... not even a faint image. The lights on the laptop shows up, including the HDD activity light... but they all just stay on. I don't hear the OS booting. I connected the laptop to an external display and still no luck. What could be the issue? I don't know exactly what nvidia I have... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 6 (736 Views)

Re: No display - blank

[ Edited ]

No Display on external monitor either I would say failed Mother Board if the graphics card is shared it would be cheaper to buy a new PC than replace the Motherboard.You can also try to reseat the HDD Drive and Memory Modules.If that fails it would be a Failed MB

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (719 Views)

Reseated the memory modules... that didn't help :-( I will try the HDD next.

Thanks for the help!

Top Student
Message 4 of 6 (708 Views)

What is the Processor Type Intel or AMD ?????

Provost
Message 5 of 6 (687 Views)

Unfortunately, a lot of owners have problems that are a result of  gpu issue HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
Intern
Message 6 of 6 (664 Views)

HP liked to make a big deal about the processor, but I have two dead units, one with Intel-the other AMD. So I don't think that really matters. Both have the same cr*ppy solder.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation