cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
J_Girault
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

No image on external monitor through HDMI connector

HP Recommended
HP Folio 13 Note Book
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hello

I've connected a monitor through my HDMI port but no image is going out on it (even though it used to work perfectly a month ago. No issue of friver apparently and no impact of any reboot.

Thanks in advance for any help
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
VSL85
Level 5
141 135 19 32
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

A per the issue posted I understand that you are experiencing difficulties in output display on your external monitor from the HDMI cable.

I will be more than glad to help you with this issue.

To resolve this issue, try one or more of the following troubleshooting suggestions:

Scenario 1: When nothing is displayed on the extended monitor when the HDMI adapter is connected.

a). Click Start, type "intel graphics" in the search field, then select Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel from the        search results list.
b). Select Multiple Displays, then enable the HDMI adapter.

Scenario 2: When the display panel does not correctly center the screen when connected to the HDMI adapter.

a). Press the Auto Adjust button on extended display panel, or, alternatively, select this function from the Monitor Function Menu (sometimes called the on-screen display or OSD).
b). This process is required for most display panels operating in the analog VGA display mode to provide a stable, centered image.

NOTE: For more information on using Auto Adjust or accessing the Monitor Function Menu, consult the documentation that came with the display panel.

Scenario 3: The display panel does not use full screen resolution when connected to the HDMI adapter.

a). Click Start, type "intel graphics" in the search field, then select Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel from the search results list.
b). Under General Settings, set the Scaling option to Scale Full Screen.

Scenario 4:The display panel connected to the HDMI adapter shows the screen at an incorrect resolution when operating under Microsoft Windows.

a). Click Start, type "intel graphics" in the search field, then select Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel from the search results list.
b). Under General Settings, select the desired Resolution.
c). Suggested resolutions are: 1920*1080, 1600*1200, and 1280*1024 as these (generally) conform to most display panels.
d). Next, set the Scaling option to Maintain Display Scaling.

Note:
Make sure the display mode is set for an extended desktop and not a duplicated desktop.
Not all resolutions are available in duplicate desktop mode.

If a resolution cannot be selected, or if the selected resolution is not succesfully applied, then you may be selecting a resolution value that is not supported by the display panel. Consult the documentation that came with the display panel for information on supported resolutions.

If the above solution did not help you, then it seems to be a hardware issue, please call HP support and order SPS-HP HDMI to VGA Adapter (Part Number: 701943-001).

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
VSL85
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

0 Kudos
J_Girault
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

First of all, many thanks for your asnwer.

When I follow your solution #1, I can't find the option "enable the HDMI adapter" : any tip on where I could find it ?

Thanks again

Best

0 Kudos
VSL85
Level 5
141 135 19 32
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome again and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum.

I have attached the screen shot where you can see the option "enable the HDMI adapter".

HDMI.JPG

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Thank You,
VSL85

0 Kudos
J_Girault
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry but screen shot is not working.

Best

0 Kudos
VSL85
Level 5
141 135 19 32
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

You are unable to view the Screen Shot sent ? Is that correct.

HDMI.JPG

I have attached it again please let me know if you are able to view it.

Thank You,
VSL85

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation