Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
EvilScissors Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No power on Thunderbolt Dock

zBook Studio G3 w/150w TB3 Doc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just picked up the TB3 dock and all seems to be working, however it is not charging my laptop using the included Thunderbolt/Power combo cable. The power light shows on the dock, and connected devices work on laptop, but no power.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
EvilScissors Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No power on Thunderbolt Dock

Doing additional testing today, I found that if the dock sits to the side of the notebook so that the Thunderbolt Power cable isn't curved at all, power is delivered. Obviously this won't work since it's bad enough that the connector is on the rear of the docking station and not the front.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation