Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
If you have no sound coming from the speakers after an update (Windows or Bios), Please try a Hard reset first. Also, keep in mind hard reset is performed the same with every notebook.

Now, If the hard reset doesn't work you will need to update the Audio drivers (Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver) from The HP website .

Once you get to that page type your product # in (If you don't know what your product # is or where it's located on the notebook Here is a video which will show you exactly where to find it.) > Click search > Select the option " Software & Driver Downloads " > Choose your Operating System (Not sure what Operating System you have or where to find it ? This should help you out ) > Click next after Selecting Operating System > Scroll down and click the + (plus) next to "Driver-Audio"> Then you want to select the latest version by checking the date on each download> Then run it.  Now test the sound after the install. 

Also, please try using Recovery Manager to reinstall the IDT HD Audio Driver if the steps above don't work . The procedure for using recovery manager to reinstall Software and Drivers is detailed in the document below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01868333

The last step to do if you still get no sound at all is a system restore to when you know the sound was working and don't download the latest update after this.

Here is the document to show you how to do this. Select the option at the top that says "Restore windows to a previous point".

Just make sure and backup any files or download you have recently installed or saved on your notebook.

THX Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Thx guys

🙂

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Thx guys

🙂

HP Recommended

Im having the same problem and when I tried installing the audio drives it finished with an error and never installed. Also did the hard restart, and also cant use ITunes or Windows media player.

HP Recommended

Hey djwillis88,

I see that you're having an audio issue with the notebook,

What was the exact error message when you tried to install the drivers? 

What is going on with I-tunes and media players ?

No sound ?

What issues are you running into with those programs ?

HP Recommended

The error message is C:\SWSetup\SP58226\setup.exe

And Itunes and WMP will both open and I can browse my files, but when I try to play them Itunes will keep the song at 0:00 and WMP experiences an error and closes

HP Recommended

Hey djwillis88,

Thanks for the reply buddy. 

Now if you already downloaded the drivers and it didn't work, the next step would be a system restore.

Here is a document to help you out with that. Select the option " Restore windows to a previous point" at the top.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01835735

Make sure and back up any files you have recently saved or downloaded (pictures,music or saved documents) you've installed.

HP Recommended

I have restored my HP beats envy 14 laptop. I have reinstalled the latest BIOS and latest audio drivers, but still no sound from speakers. This happened today after I applied the new update. My laptop product number is LW398UAR#ABA. Serial number is {Personal Information Removed}. Can you please help me????

HP Recommended

If you have done every step above, the next step would be a system restore to when you know the sound was working and don't download the latest update after this.

Here is the document to show you how to do this. Select the option at the top that says "Restore windows to a previous point".

Just make sure and backup any files or download you have recently installed or saved on your notebook.

HP Recommended

Thanks!! I did that and it worked. But what is next? I still want the latest BIOS update. Should I wait til the next update comes out with this sound fix?

HP Recommended

You can update the BIOS again and if it gives you the same outcome, you can just restore again.

If you have anymore questions let me know. 

THX:)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.