Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
naga23 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noise from the laptop

Hp Notebook 12-ay 127cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have purchased Hp Notebook 12-ay 127cl from sams club.  Th perfomance of the laptop is quite good. But there is noise coming from the laptop all the time . I think it is coming from the CD-drive but i'm not sure. Please let me know if there is any fix for the problem.

Thanks,

Naga

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1252
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noise from the laptop

Hello Naga,

Welcome to FORUM !!

Without hearing the sound it is hard to judge .

Hard drive noise is usually a rhythmic "click" not a sustained "whirr".

We can test the hard drive in the BIOS. Tap F2 as you power up to enter UEFI diagnostics and look for the hard drive test. If you do not have UEFI diagnostics (i.e. your laptop came with Windows 7 not Windows 8) then tap F10 and look for a hard drive diagnostic in the old-school BIOS interface.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
naga23 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noise from the laptop

Thanks for the response 👍🏻
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1252
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noise from the laptop

You're very Welcome !!

All the Best !!   Thanks for being a member!

Happy New Year !!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 11018 574 1620
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noise from the laptop

> there is noise coming from the laptop all the time. I think it is coming from the CD-drive but i'm not sure.

Open the CD-drive tray.  Does the noise stop?  If not, then the CD-drive is _NOT_ the source of the noise.

Is your new computer connected to the Internet?

If so, it probably is running Windows Update, in order to apply all the Microsoft security-fixes that were released after Windows was installed on your disk-drive.  Running this updater causes the CPU to work hard, and that generates heat, and the motherboard detects the above-normal temperature inside the computer, and speeds-up the internal fan, and the fan creates more noise than "normal".

If you shutdown & restart the computer, does the noise start as soon as you turn the computer on, or does it start later, after Windows has fully loaded?

0 Kudos
naga23 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noise from the laptop

Its not fan sound, it is making sound after it is loaded and the sound is very annoying. I also did hardware testing in bios, but it didnt made any difference ☹️
0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 11018 574 1620
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noise from the laptop

Can you start the Windows "Sound Recorder" application, and record the noise, and attach the audio-file to this area?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation