Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Stolar Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noisy hard drive

HP Pavilion 15-au072sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have got a new HP laptop couple day ago (HP Pavilion 15-au072sa, Intel® Core™ i3-6100U Processor)

And unfortunately, as much as I am happy with it there is a big problem with noisy hard drive. I can hear it working (making an annoying 'clicking' noise) practically all the time. This laptop was supposed to be useful for me at Uni, carrying it to lectures and library. Currently its impossible as during a perfect silence the noise is super annoying...

Any idea why that might be and potential solution please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Wheatfield Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noisy hard drive

You probaly just got a bad hard drive.  The noises you're describing are generally associated with a dying hard drive.

0 Kudos
Stolar Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noisy hard drive

Do I just return it in such case? As its a brand new laptop and the noises are there from the beginning. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation