cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
turtlegirl713 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not charging when plugged in

HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All of a sudden my x360 will not charge the battery while plugged in. It recognizes that it is plugged in but says not charging. I have shut it down hoping it would charge while turned off but no luck. Please help! Thank you! 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9219 9199 630 606
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Turtlegirl713,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

To have the best experience on HP forum, you can also visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I understand you are having a problem charging the battery even though the AC adapter is plugged in.

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would be glad to help you.

I recommend you try the steps below and check if that helps.

1. Ensure that the power cord is plugged in.
  2. Press the power button to start the computer.
  3. Press Esc on the keyboard when the HP logo screen appears.
  4. Press F2 to select F2 System Diagnostics in the startup menu.
  5. Click Battery Test.
  6. Click Start Battery Test on the Battery Test page.

You can also follow the link below from our HP Support Site to help you with the battery issue.

http://hp.care/2bFnBTv

Hope this helps. Let me know if any assistance  is required.

Wish  you  a wonderful day ahead.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
turtlegirl713 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery tested good.....what's next?
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9219 9199 630 606
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Turtlegirl713,

Thank you for your reply and keeping me updated.

As you mentioned that the battery test passed , in this case you can try updating the bios by clicking the following link http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers .

If this doesn’t resolve the charging issue, then I would request you to kindly give us a call so that we can help you get this issue resolved.

You can find our phone numbers by clicking this link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html .

Do let me know if any help is required.

Wish you a wonderful day. Cheers.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation