Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gesids Tutor
Tutor
5 3 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Not genuine MS OS after Win7 December 2014 update applied

Product name: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC. Product number: A3L69EA#ABU.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1.

Applied Win 7 dec2014 update this morning.

Since doing so the "Windows Activation Technology" window has popped up on powering the PC up.

Have never had a problem with it before.

Why has it happened?

How do I fix it?

Any help welcome.

Thanks in anticipation

Ian

winActTech.jpg

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @Gesids ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read about your HP Pavilion dv6-6b60ea Entertainment Notebook and Windows Activation Technology popping up. You can do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 11181 436 813
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Gesids wrote:

Product name: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC. Product number: A3L69EA#ABU.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1.

Applied Win 7 dec2014 update this morning.

Since doing so the "Windows Activation Technology" window has popped up on powering the PC up.

Have never had a problem with it before.

Why has it happened?

How do I fix it?

Any help welcome.

Thanks in anticipation

Ian

winActTech.jpg

This requires you to contact MS about your Activiation or look at your COA sticker on the bottom of your laptop or inside your battery bay and input that Product Key in and see if it updates it. But if you are using a different O/S then what what the Product Key correspondents to then you will have to call and speak to a MS representative and purchase the right Product Key to activiate your O/S.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
camulder Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Mine has done the same thing since a few days ago. SOmething microsoft updated broke it

0 Kudos
camulder Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Here is an article about it and which update it was. Also tells how to remave update to fix it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559332/windows-update-kb3004394-triggers-error-messages/

0 Kudos
Gesids Tutor
Tutor
5 3 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Dear All.

Sorry for the delay in repying, small familly crisis.

Firstly I did a system restore as suggested by Mrs Tenter.

This made no difference.

I then tried to validate the installation and this only informed me that I needed to purchase a valid serial no.

As the original is / was genuine I didn't feel like paying out another £70.

After a bit of of investigating on the web, I came across notes refering to MS update KB3004394 as being suspect.

This was similar to what that" camulder" had found.

Further investigation turned up that MS had an issue for Windows 7 SP1 and had issued another patch.

KB3024777 to correct the problems.

Applied this patch but yhe problem still persisted.

Found I had to reapply the system validifcation process again and after receiving a window stating that the system was valid have not had any more problems.

N.B. Not had any problems on desktop or notebook , only had problem on Laptop.

Lets hope thats the end of it.

Thank you to the people who responded to me so promptly.

Regards

Ian

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation