cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not turning on chromebook 1101

Chromebook 1101
Chrome OS

hello, my chromebok hp 1101 not turning on , when I conect power cable on the back side start flashing orange that green light, and some mechanical noise inside but power button not starting chromebook

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,390 2,242
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not turning on chromebook 1101

Hi @Antonpavlov,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with your HP Chromebook won't turn on anymore. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this concern,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Product number of the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Did you recently make any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Was there any update/reset interrupted recently?

In the meantime, let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook: 

If your Chromebook does not start, remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices (external hard drives and similar).

After you have removed all external devices, turn on the Chromebook. What happens?

• If the Chromebook starts, reconnect devices one at a time while restarting the computer to figure out which device is causing the problem. You are done.

• If the Chromebook still does not start or exhibits the same problem, do not reconnect anything, and continue troubleshooting.

I would suggest here is to follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Chromebook - Chromebook Does Not Start 

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation