cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Notebook becomes extremely hot while working on it though i m keeping it on flat table surface while

HP Recommended
HP Pavallion G
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My three year old HP pavilliob G4-1215dx notebook pc becomes extremely hot while working on it though i m keeping it on flat table surface while using and there is nothing else to obstruct the exaust fan area. I find it very unusual as its really hot to the extent that you can't even keep it on your lap.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Mastana,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that your notebook becomes very hot. You have it on a flat surface and the air vents are unobstructed. Here is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating that should help you to overcome this issue. Please let me know the outcome.

If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Sparkles1

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good solution,Thanks a lot. i tried to open laptop from back, but i could not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Mastana,

Thank you for the update.  HP  has been doing some maintenance on their website, which is likely why you were unable to access the links. You stated you were unable to open the back of the notebook. Here is a link to the HP G4 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide.Chapter 4, page 41 has removal and replacement procedures, which should help you to open the notebook. 

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation