Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ivanshinn Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Notebook keyboard typing joined letters and caps lock LED not working

hp envy touchsmart 15-j003tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

As mentioned above.. My notebook started typing weirdly and my caps lock key used to have a white LED light indicator but its not showing suddenly.. (the caps lock key is still functioning)

As for the other parts of the keyboard.. when i type ' l ' the letter ' l3 ' would come out.. When i type ' i ' the letter 'oi' would appear.. It is typing joined letters randomly.. Typing ' o ' would be hitting enter and O at the same time..

I've tried almost all the suggestion in the forum but its still not working for me.. caps LED still not working and keyboard still typing weirdly :(

I even formatted the whole notebook totally without recovery and downloaded the latest software from HP.. Still not working.. 

Any suggestions? Would it be a hardware issue? 

Thank you for taking your time to look into my problem

PS: my laptop is in super duper good condition :)

cheers

ivan

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
12811 1661 4222
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Notebook keyboard typing joined letters and caps lock LED not working

Hi,

How about keyboard issue in BIOS environment?

Test your keyboard component:
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Also it is best to do an extensive system testing to rule out any other faults.

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation