cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
uzair101 Tutor
Tutor
16 9 1 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook random restart w/o any error

HP pavillion notebook 15n007se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My notebook was working fine until windows 10 anniversary update came. after update My laptop was working fine i played league of legends on it for several hours but when i open browser or emails or windows defender is scanning my laptop it randomly restart without any error or something like that ... it just turn off in .005 sec. i enabled the the setting to show error  from the settings but it doesnot show any error

after 3 to 4 seconds it turn on again  sometimes loads fully and sometimes it loads till windows logo and then again restart and sometimes after several consective restarts it blinks capslock light 2 times for like 2 to 3 minutes

but sometimes it start and works fine for several hours.

then i updates all drivers from official website

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model/5442... 

after the update of all drivers from above mentioned website  the problem presists.
sometimes i think its hard drive problem and sometime i think its bios or windows 10 i dont know can any expert guide me 

waiting for a response please reply asap

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Intern Intern
Intern
36 36 5 5
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Uzair101,

Generally if you have a system suddenly flashing from the capslock (and numlock/scroll lock) keys then there is a hardware-level issue. I wasn't able to fully confirm on your model (the documentation did not give them) but POST codes were standardized across most business and consmer models.

2 flashes normally refers to a thermal shutdown. I would check the fan and make sure it is spinning, make sure the keyboard isn't heating up (a general indicator of overheating), and clean out your unit with canned air.

I am an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
uzair101 Tutor
Tutor
16 9 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sAs i told that i play league of legends for 4 to 5 hours consectively on nvidia graphic card and fan is working just fine and it wont show any sign of problem but sometimes it would do all that stuff that i described above. 
like now i am using my laptop for 3 hours consectively without any restart but i know it will happen.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation