cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
37 23 1 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nvidia Control panel issues

Envy 17t n100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Maybe someone can help with Envy laptop preinstalled Nvidia GTX 950m graphics card issues.

Nvidia Control Panel has missing options

I have tried everything to reinstall old drivers and upgraded drivers from Nvidia  Windows would install old driver before I located the drivers for a new manual install.

Has anyone had these problems? Have a step by step guide ho to do?

Thank You ,John

( upper grade Newbie)

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @murrayotl

Thank you for your inquiry.

I understand that after upgrading to Window 10 you do not have all the previous options available in the NVidia Control Panel. You have tried using the old drivers plus the NVidia drivers to no avail.

Please try these steps.

• Uninstall the NVidia Control Panel
  • Uninstall the graphic drivers
  • Restart your notebook and Windows will install drivers.
  • Run the HP Support Assistant and follow the prompts to install drivers.
  • Alternatively, you can download the drivers manually from the HP software and driver page for your notebook and manually install the drivers after you completed uninstalling the drivers as above.

HP ENVY Notebook - 17t-n100 CTO Software and Drivers

Please let me know if this helped.

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
37 23 1 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply Sparkles 1, 

I'm lost on this issue. The drivers are updated:

GeForce Experience 3.0.2.191

Graphics Driver 368.69

PhysX System Software 9.16.0318

Device Manger > Display Adapters > Properties > Driver

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 10.18.13.6869

Envy 17t n100 CTO Windows 10 64 bit

These are the only controls in panel.     Thank You for any Help! (Adventurous Newbie) John

control panel.png

Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @murrayotl,

Thank you for your reply.

When I checked the software and driver page for your notebook. I noticed the recommended NVidia driver is 10.18.13.5384. If you installed an updated driver from the manufacturer's site, there is no guarantee that they will function as expected. OEM manufactures can alter a driver to perform with a specific system. Please try uninstalling the current NVidia driver and install the recommended one.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
37 23 1 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Spakles1,

I uninstalled NVidia drivers amd reinstalled HP drivers 10.18.13.5384. The cotrol panel still only shows 3D settings. I see a lot of info on web with same problems and easy solutions. I'm a newbie with some expirience and tried some of the options to no avail.  Could it be something little I'm missing?

Here is the settings. I'm Lost lost on how to fix.

Thanks for any more help, John

Device Manager

DVM1.png

DVM.png

Control Panel

cb nvidia.png

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
37 23 1 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Found an answer I think from another post on Nvidia

Your "problem" is not a problem at all but its the nature of your machine. You have an "Optimus" system which means you have an intel graphics processor and an Nvidia.

You do not have the option in the Nvidia control panel since the intel driver / graphics processor is the default processor to handle video scaling. Hence no option in the Nvidia control panel.

In the nvidia control panel you should only have 3D and video options. The "display" options for which the scaling is located in the nvidia control panel is not needed since the intel driver handles that part.

So yeah, in a nutshell there's no problem.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @murrayotl,

I am glad that there are no problems. Here is a link to help you to understand switchable graphics and how the perform.

HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Switchable Graphics or Dual GPUs

HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation