cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Nvidia gt 740m replacement

HP ENVY 17-j067ez
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Is there any way to replace nvidia gt 740m with another graphic card?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,228
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The only laptop that HP ever made with a removable graphics card was the HDX Dragon (to my knowledge)

You card is soldered onto the mother board and can't be upgraded. Sorry.

I have a Dell Alienware laptop with a card that isn't soldered to the MoBo and I checked into an upgrade.

It's now running 2 860m's so up from that are the 980's.

Even if I wanted, the cards for these are very hard to find on their own and they are so expensive that it would be better to simply buy a new machine.

If you're gaming or running an application that requires more video power, a desk top is the way to go.

0 Kudos
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

tnx for fast answer

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation