cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

OEM Product Key from broken HP pavilion. Blocked for ISO download off microsoft site.

HP Recommended
HP pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've tried to do research before I posted this and know there is a lot of topics that talk about this.

Okay, so my laptop from about 2011 died and i had previously got the Product Key using Magic Jelly Bean ages ago. Well before my laptop died for the exact reason why I'm asking now.

- to not ever lose my software licence for windows 7 that is.

So the back sticker is still there and has faded off all the numbers/letters which is a shame. Why do they do this? 

So i believe you can't transfer an OEM when a manufacturer automatically installs windows without activation.

So my real question is, is there a chance that you (HP) are able to "unblock" my OEM product key so my laptop doesnt die in vain? - I have bought a new HP only 3 days ago (shows some loyalty right there 😉

I would like to at least let the soul of my laptop live on through a VM and so I dont feel as Jibbed (robbed). 

I can prove that i purchased it with bank statements, receipts you name. Ill get the proof you need!

Pleaseeee can we do something about this. 

Your Pal,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,793 9,700 788 3,668
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting and thanks for choosing HP.

Just a quick notice - this is the official HP forum but you do not speak directly in an official manner to HP here. The forum is public, full of HP users, HP customers and volunteers like me. The forum is also monitored by HP staff.

The OEM licence is indeed cheaper than all other Microsoft types of lics just for the same reasons that is cannot be transffered to other computers. Therefore, it is/was made for the PC that "died" and you cannot use it for any other reason on any other PC.

Source >> https://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/licensing/sblicensing/Pages/transfer_oem_licenses.aspx

Please, let me know if you need further assistance and do not hesitate to post again.

** I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
** Click below on Accept As Solution and ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation