cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Baz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Office 2007 dv5-1134tx OEM issue

HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

I recently purchased a Pavillion dv5-1134tx and it has an OEM Office 2007 already installed and naturally it wants a full key. I know I didn't received one when I bought the Laptop as part of the bundle. However, my mother has a legitimate Office 2007 CD which she received with her Laptop and its apparently good for 4 installations, one of which is on her laptop. So I used the CD to install Office 2007 Home and Student Edition onto this computer, using the CD Key which came with it, however, it won't let me activate it. I go into the View Product ID (Office Button - Word Options -> Preferences -> Details or something like that) and it has a completely different Product Key to the one I entered for the installation and its the one that was originally on the laptop when I got it. No matter what I do this happens, I've uninstalled Office 5 times now, cleaned registries, followed the suggestions on the microsoft website about manually changing the product key and it STILL changes back to the OEM CD key that came with the laptop. I even used a Trial key from Microsoft and it changed back to the OEM.

This is getting beyond a joke.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Baz

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation