cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Eeyore
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Old Dv1024 will not boot

HP Recommended

An old machine, but fully capable of simple things like a web machine.  Was up and running, just suddenly shut down.  When I press the power button the top keyboard lights flash, I hear a faint click, but that is it. 

Are these things worth repairing?  Any guesses?

Know not much to go, but all guesses welcome.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks,

Already have new one, was hoping to recover some files off hard drive.  Guess I will have to look into making it an external usb drive.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
Cloud_Strider
Level 10
5,568 5,411 389 899
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Most users would find that it is more beneficial to purchase a new system than it is to repair.  Often times the repair costs is almost as much as a new system, but without all the benefits of a new system.  The reason for this is that a lot of the parts may be considered legacy and no longer manufactured as new which adds to the cost of the parts. 

For what you described what it was used for, it sounds like a new system is the better option. 

There were eight different results for Dv1024.  If you can provide the product number, I might be able to give a better idea of what a repair might cost for comparison. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks,

Already have new one, was hoping to recover some files off hard drive.  Guess I will have to look into making it an external usb drive.

View solution in original post

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation