cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

On start-up BIOS showing CPU fan stopped working but I checked Fan is in good condition

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion DV6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought my HP Pavilion dv6 laptop 2011 since beginning it was getting overheating, freezing windows with loud fan sound etc.. but now On start-up BIOS information showing that CPU fan stopped working then immediately I checked that I couldn't hear any fan sound and no symptoms like fan is running then I disassembled my laptop and removed CPU cooler fan only. Simply with help of battery i have checked the CPU fan It is running perfectly alone. but it is not working with laptop.

Please help me and guide what is the cause for this problem and how can i fix it.

Kartic

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,910
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @Kartic 

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a fantastic  place to find answers and suggestions!
For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I understand that  since you have had the notebook  it has had an overheating issue with a loud fan noise which causes it to freeze.

Recently you received the message that the CPU fan has stopped working and you were unable to hear the fan spin up.

You removed the fan and checked it but the fan is working.  It is possible the connection was not secure in the notebook.

Here is a link to Troubleshooting an Overheating and Auto Shutdown Issue.

Have you checked for a bios update for your notebook. You provided the series of notebook you have but not the exact model so I am unable to check for you.

You can run the HP Support Assistant  to aid with that process.

As a bios update does have the potential to cause damage you may wish to contact HP support for assistance with that process.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Here is a link to  Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion dv6000 Notebook PC guide for your notebook.

You may wish to replace the thermal paste on the CPU. Here is a link to a YouTube video on that process.

How To Apply Thermal Paste

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation