Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MontIce Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One of the fans rattling loud

Omen 15-ax003no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a 15-Omen ax003no that I bought in August. A few days ago began one of the fans rattle loudly. One fan sound normal but when the second fan starts running, begin rattling. I have tried to clean with air pressure but it did not solve the problem. The computer has neither no dust.

I have another problem which I'm not sure is related. But I can not update the Nvida Graphics Driver Softpaq number: SP78630 Version 21.21.13.7619Dp24 because the installation is always unsuccessful.

Does anyone know what the problem might be with the fan?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19283 19241 1254 2019
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @MontIce,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having multiple issues with your HP Omen notebook. I'll try my best to help you with this,

Since you have already tried cleaning the vents and still there is rattling loud sound from one of the fan, I would suggest you try to update the Bios, which should sometime fix the issue.

Perform a Hard Reset

Updating the Bios,

For more steps, click here

Regarding the second issue, what is the error message? When does it fail? could you elaborate more on the issue as this will help me in further assisting you?

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
MontIce Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All drivers are updated and so is BIOS .

When I lift the laptop the fan sounds a bit different and rattles in a different way. It's a bit difficult to explain the sound, but it almost sounds as if something is loose. In addition, the fan runs at full speed and sounds very loud when I pick up the computer. Then it slows down. But it is very strange that it runs at full speed every time I pick up the computer.

I really need to fix this as soon as possible since I'm a student. I'm studying software development and I'm really dependent on this computer.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14102 14018 791 912
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MontIce

Thanks for the reply.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP phone support for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
oha Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue too! please tell me what happened and if you found a fix

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14102 14018 791 912
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@11383182

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting fans rattling sound from your notebook. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Update your Notebook computer BIOS.
  • Keep notebook air vents clear and clean.
  • Check Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
MontIce Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

I realized that one of the fan was loose and was moving a bit when touching it, so I took out the fan and put some machine oil on it. Then when I screwed back the fan, and still it was a bit loose. So I put some sticky tape so it would stand firmly.

When I was done hte fan was still rattling a bit, but a day or two later the sound was gone. The sound has been normal sense. So I don't know if it was the oil or the sticky tape that solved the problem. Maybe both? You can try it out.

I will attach i pricture that shows where I put the sticky tape. Note that it's not my computer in the picture, but mine looks the same.

Hpdator.JPG

0 Kudos
oha Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply! Would you mind resending or giving me a link to that picture it doesn't seem to be working (or atleast I can't see it) If this works you're a lifesaver

0 Kudos
MontIce Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just sent you a PM. Hopefully you can see the picture now 

0 Kudos
oha Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sandytechy20

Also, I have done all those things and none of them work. I just bought this laptop a few weeks ago so its brand new (plus I checked to see if the air vents are clean and they are), the BIOS are up to date and there are no corrupt processes. Seems that alot of people are having this problem.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation