Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (164 Views)

Opening documents and viewing videos on Facebook

Product Name: HP Chrome Stream Pavilion 10
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

I previously was able to open documents to view and print.  I still get the message asking if I want to open or save, but when I click on either the screen goes black and nothing comes up.  I also am unable to click on any videos on Facebook any longer.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (141 Views)

Re: Opening documents and viewing videos on Facebook

[ Edited ]

Hey @Marsh3, 

Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others!

I will do my absolute best to help you resolve the issue you are having with the the screen going black when you are opening documents and viewing videos on Facebook. 

Do you get any error with the black screen?

Have you tried to see if you get the black screen in Safe Mode?

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Do you receive any error messages?

Have you tried doing Windows Updates?

Have you tried to do a System Restore to a time when everything was working fine? 

Have you tried doing updates using the HP Support Assistant? Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need updating. 

Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).

If this reply resolves your issue, please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button at the bottom of this post. 

To simply say thanks, please click the Thumbs up below! 

Thanks for joining the HP Support Community! 
Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation