Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (206 Views)

Operating System Problem want to go back to the previous windows by clean OEM install

Product Name: HP 14-r008tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop model is HP 14-r008tx. It was bought from Malaysia. I live in Bangadesh. It came with Windows 8.1. I had installed windows 7 once on the time of installation I have formatted the whole hard disk and partitioned it again. on the time of formation I have deleted everything(like OEM, Restore point etc). Now I am using windows 10 the machine is now very slow that no one can imagine. And there is also many problems with the machine. Now I want to go back to windows 8.1 OEM or Install windows 10 OEM or Ubuntu OEM.

Where to go? Or what to do now?

Help me wih the issue ..

Thanks in advance..

N.B: It is impossible to go to Malayasia or other country. I have to solve the problem from here in Bangladesh.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (204 Views)

Re: Operating System Problem want to go back to the previous windows by clean OEM install

Hi,

As long as the existing installation of Windows 10 has activated Ok after the upgrade from a previous OS, you can just perform a clean installation as detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: At the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows 10 will activate automatically once the installation has completed.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (190 Views)

Re: Operating System Problem want to go back to the previous windows by clean OEM install

Thanks for the solution.
But I want to get a clean installation with OEM details.
Is there any way?
Provost
Message 4 of 4 (185 Views)

Hi,

You're welcome

Unfortunately, if you want the oem version ( this would be for the original OS that the notebook shipped with, Windows 8.1 64bit ), then Recovery Media would need to be purchased from HP.

Order HP Recovery Media.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation