Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question
Opticarc BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device Help
Replies (32)

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 31 of 33 (1,741 Views)

Re: Optical BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device Help

Anyone ever found a workaround for the bluray disc issue.. Anyone tried replacing their Bluray drive with a newer one? I'm out of warranty and out of ideas on mine.. a dv7t-1xxx i believe.. warranty ran out 6 months ago of course.
Top Student
Message 32 of 33 (1,724 Views)

Re: Opticarc BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device Help

It seems that I am having the same problem as alot of you. I have the HP Pavilion dv7 3065. I thought it was the blu-ray player that was the issue. I cannot play any movies now on my player. I have tried increasing the MB intake for the computer and also there is a section on the computer where you can say exactly what program you want to use to play your movies. NO LUCK! So I bought another DVD software program to see if the problem would be resolved and I have had problems with every version, 3 to be exact, and hundreds of dollars later, the problem is not resolved. Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 33 of 33 (1,722 Views)

Re: Opticarc BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device Help

Also...I have the 55001S...Don't know if that will make any difference in the issue at hand..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation