cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ComuterPro Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Optimizing Premier Pro

HP Envy 17 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help optimizing my Adobe Premier CC on my laptop. I am running a HP Envy Intelcore - i74510 with a CPU @ 2.00 GHz

To be honest I really dont know what any of this info means but I do know I need to upgrade my video card. But from what I understand I c annot do so on an HP Envy b/c the card is built into the mother board. 

So it seems that the only course of action to make this computer run premier adiquately is to upgrade the motherboard. This seems kinda extreme. 

What should I look for, in a motherboard, to speed up premier

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
75585 75470 9245 19924
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Optimizing Premier Pro

Hi,

What is your Envy 17 ?  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Upgrading motherboard ? Well, you are talking about buying a new computer here. But before we have a proper recommendation we need to know what is your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
ComuterPro Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Optimizing Premier Pro

Ok here's my info 

HP Envy 17 Noteboock PC

Product # G0U23AV

(I dont know if the Product 3 uses a "zero" or anupper case "O")

Serial # (removed content)

12 GB Memory

Processor Intelcore i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00 GHz

From what I understand my father has a HP Evny Notebook as well but his is newer and runs premire perfectly fine.

He has a

HP Evny Notebook

Product # M9X66AV

Serial # (removed content)

16 GB Memory

Procssor Intelcore  i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 GHz

so what do these differences add up to? How can I make my PC run better can I upgrade my components? Will buying an external hard drive that runs at a high RPM and stroing the files and accessing them from the external drive (rather than my internal drive) work better?

What are some options? 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation