cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Murasame Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Out of Warranty Repair (UK)

HP Pavilion 15-p157na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Howdy,

Is it possible to get HP to fix a broken laptop (spillage has broken the keyboard) out of the laptops warranty?

Failing that, are there any repair shops licensed/recommended by HP in the UK?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
41,656 40,093 6,275 10,906
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the damage confined to the keyboard? That is not expensive or difficult and just about any computer shop should be able to handle it and it is even possible in many cases to do it yourself. 

Please let us know if you want to try replacement. If not the best way to go about it is to procure the part and take it and the laptop to a local shop. 

Where are you located in the UK?

See pages 74-77 of the Manual here:

Service Manual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuovxquGRFk

The video is also useful. Removal of the keyboard part stops at about 7:50. 

Post back with any more questions. 

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
0 Kudos
Murasame Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought a replacement keyboard and was confident I could replace it myself, but the keyboard appears to be glued into the toplate with some silicon stuff or something (I should have just bought the replacement toplate). I wasn't really sure what I should and shouldn't cut so left it... perhaps I should have gone for it!

At this point I figured it would just be easier to get a professional to do it.

I am in Hampshire.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah the problem is that the replacement of the keyboard into the top cover is not "covered" (hah) in the Manual so no way to give you written instructions. So you did get the top cover off? Perhaps we can do this step by step with pictures or even Skype? 

0 Kudos
Murasame Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got the top cover off and disconnected from the track pad and everything, just didn't see a way to get the actual keyboard out without cutting through plastic/silicon/glue. 

Maybe i'll have another go and post a picture here when I next get time.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Post a picture of the backside of the top cover and we can give you some tips for starters. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation