Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lilbonkers2901 Tutor
Tutor
17 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Outdated drivers for my laptop

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there!

I no longer see the updated drivers for my laptop from hp software and drivers section on the website

all of them are outdated? is there a minor bug or something like that that prevents me from seeing the updated drivers

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@lilbonkers2901,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Unable to find updated drivers for the PC. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

Please share the model number of the PC in order to find the right link to download the updated drivers for the PC.

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
lilbonkers2901 Tutor
Tutor
17 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Resolv_S

my product number is E0J88UA#ABL

my laptop make number is HP Pavilion 17-e054ca

Thank you

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@lilbonkers2901,

I thank you for the reply.

Using the details, I found that the PC was not originally eligible for Windows 10 upgrade. Hence HP was unable to design any compatible drivers for the PC with Windows 10. However, the Windows 10 is capable of finding the best drivers for the PC to ensure optimal performance all the time.

Hope this helps. Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
lilbonkers2901 Tutor
Tutor
17 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Resolv_S

I know the drivers used to show up but not anymore;

if I wanted to update my drivers, I would have to look it up manually is that correct?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 921 1398
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @lilbonkers2901,

Thanks for the reply.

Windows will notify you when there are any updates that are pending. You just need to allow the windows update to run to update the necessary drivers.

You can also update the drivers manually by going to the device manager and initiating the update from there.

You can check http://hp.care/2fz2D8k for more details and instructions.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
lilbonkers2901 Tutor
Tutor
17 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there! 

The above link did not work;;

My keyboard is having a little bit of trouble, when I go to a program or the search settings for the laptop, I cannot type anything/nothing will show up?

Is there an updated driver for the keyboard? according to device manager  it is the standard PS/2 ?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 921 1398
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @lilbonkers2901,

Thanks for the reply.

Try the steps below to update the keyboard from the device manager:

• Press “Windows logo key” + “R” to get the run pop-up window. Type “devmgmt.msc” and press ok to get the device manager.
  • Now expand the "Keyboard" and right-click on the keyboard entry and select "update driver software".
  • Select "Search automatically for updated driver software" and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver update.
  • If the drivers are up to date and still have the issue, expand the "Keyboard" and right-click on the keyboard entry and select "Uninstall"
  • Confirm the uninstall and continue to uninstall the drivers. Once done, click on the "Action" tab at the tab and click on "Scan for hardware changes" to reinstall the drivers.

Hope that helps. Let me know!

Good luck :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation