cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TLogic Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

PC doesn't shut down - led keeps burning

Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since ive installed Windows 10 and i shut down, windows closes and processor activity stops but hd keeps turning and led's keep burning.

Each time same error-log's:

System:

1) Error "Service control manager"

De Host synchroniseren_Session1-service is onverwacht gestopt. Dit is 1 keer gebeurd. De volgende herstelbewerking zal over 10000 milliseconden worden uitgevoerd: Service opnieuw starten.

2) 3 seconds later error "Distributed Com"

De server CortanaUI.AppXd4tad4d57t4wtdbnnmb8v2xtzym8c1n8.mca heeft zich niet binnen de vereiste termijn bij DCOM geregistreerd.

Programs:

Error "Apps"

Het activeren van de app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI is mislukt door de fout De app is niet gestart.. Kijk in het logboek Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational voor aanvullende informatie.

Tried all possible updates from HP and Microsoft (including BIOS), nothing works

Any help please??

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @TLogic ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your  HP Pavilion 17 Notebook and issues with your Service Control Manager error. Click on the Windows key type services.

Check your Windows Installer is not on Manual and the service has been started. The service should be Automatic and started. Once those settings are correct, restart the Notebook.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

Here is a document that shows how to update drivers that are not working correctly with Windows 10.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
TLogic Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The service "Windows Installer" was disabled en on Manual.

I can start the service temporarely but I can't change it to Automatic, the choise is gray and disabled.

Even cmd: "sc config msiserver start= auto" doesn't work, it says "failed, no access"

The upgrade check was also positive: it fixed some registry values about windows update

After restart I run the check again and it has to fix the register again.

So if I could change the service to 'Automatic' maybe that's a solution, but I can't...

Any advise?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey @TLogic,

If you can not enable it to be automatic you will have to repair the Operating system as something is corrupt.

Here is a link to help with a Clean install from Microsoft.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
253 219 6 155
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

1. Download version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.
  2. Download the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package (http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab).
  3. Change the Windows Update Services setting from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Manual.
    • In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools and open Services.
    • Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.
    • Click Stop to stop the service from running.
    • Change the Startup Type to Manual and click OK.
  4. Install version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.  If you receive a dialog warning about replacing a newer version of the software, accept it.
    • NOTE: You do NOT need to uninstall version 11 before installing version 9 or 10.  The presence of some version of the driver is required in order to "upgrade" (or in this case downgrade) it.
  5. Run the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package and hide updates to the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.  (Doing so will block your system from automatically reinstalling or showing updates for version 11 of the driver.)
  6. Change the Windows Update Services setting from Manual back to Automatic (Delayed Start).
  7. Restart your computer.
  8. Rejoice!  You can finally sleep and shut down again.  Smiley Happy

--DanG

TLogic Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you very much for the clear advice.

I allready removed the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver from the HP updates for Windows 10

but I never downgraded to the 10-version. Now its working fine!

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
253 219 6 155
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're welcome.  Glad to hear it!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation