Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
The pc shut down and I have external keyboard which is not working (the original one is broken and I used to use the external one). I also unplugged all the usb (mouse,keyboard and sound system). When I turned it on, it started to beep without stop, so I removed the battery, put it on and after I started it, the pc was in recovory mode. Now, I cant press enter to enter in Normal mode because my original keyboard wasnt working, either the external one. Can someone help meee? Thanks a lot in advance.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @sssepia, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that your PC is stuck in recovery mode and the keyboard is not functioning.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

As you mentioned that the external keyboard is not working either.

Please try plugging the external keyboard into different USB ports and check it helps. Also, check with an alternate keyboard.

Check if you are able to boot into BIOS. To boot into BIOS turn on your PC keep tapping the F10 key.

If you are able to boot into BIOS. Go to file tab and select restore defaults. Press F10 to save changes and exit.

Also, try reseating the memory on your laptop and check if it helps.

You can refer the video instructions on replacing the memory using this link.

If the issue still persists it is a hardware issue, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.