cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dimi7 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCH Overheating

HP Envy DV7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PCH is overheating in idle mode. What can I do?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCH Overheating

Hello @dimi7,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the overheating issue, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number: HP Customer Support - Products

In the meantime, try reviewing the following documents, and let me know how it goes:

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
dimi7 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCH Overheating

Thanks for the reply.
The model is 7201sa.
I have the latest version of BIOS.
There is no dust inside my laptop.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCH Overheating

Hello @dimi7,

Thank you for the information!

Did you start to have this issue after upgrading to the Windows 10 Operating System?  What were the results of the hardware tests?

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
dimi7 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCH Overheating

Hello SDF15,
Thank you for your response.
The problem started when I did a clear installation of Windows 10. The HP's hardware tests was successful.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCH Overheating

Hello @dimi7,

Since then, have you tried using the Windows Update, to check for drivers that will work with Windows 10?  You can check this site as well: HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

If you are having trouble installing the drivers, you can use the tool at the following site: 

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

It is possible that drivers may not be available for your product.  If that is the case, or the drivers you found are not working, try using the solutions on this site as a workaround, and let me know how it goes: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
dimi7 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCH Overheating

Thank you very much.
I will try them in a few days and I will write you back.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation