Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
VAS-Man Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCI Communications Controller

EliteBook 2540p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good day

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I need by notebook to connect to a wireless bluetooth dongle. I have searched for the device, and my notebook has discovered it and added the bluetooth device under my wireless devices. The bluetooth device comes with a software that I need to run after device has been added. My problem is that the software that comes with the device does not find an assigned COM Port for my bluetooth device. I have tried to update my USB Controllers under device manager, with no success.

Please assist

Regards

Lefa

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
100289 13817 21250
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Lefa:

You need this driver for that device...

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver and Interface.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59684.exe

0 Kudos
VAS-Man Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Paul

Downloaded the driver as you said. It has managed to create a COM port for my device. I can now view that under listed ports. However, the notebook is not communicating with the device, though it is recognising it under 'devices'. So I tried to pair the notebook with my phone, which was successful, but even with my phone, I can not transfer files to notebook, or vice-versa.

Regards

Lefa

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
100289 13817 21250
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Lefa.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why the bluetooth isn't working as it should.

I assume you installed this bluetooth driver?

Software Support for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology for Microsoft Windows 7

Version:7 Rev. G(22 Jan 2010)
Operating System(s):
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) |
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

File name:sp47022.exe (55 MB)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation