Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I need PCI Simple Communications Controller driver for hp 430... windows 7 enterprise 64bit... unfortunately, the 

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver dowloaded from hp website are cannot be installed.. the message popout "the system does not meet requirement"...

Can you help me to solve this problem?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

What is the complete product name or product number of your notebook?

It could be a Probook 430,  a n HP 430 notebook or an Omnibook 430. 

Help us to help you by posting the following information.

- see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
its HP 430 Notebook
HP Recommended

Are you installing this as a result of seeing an uninstalled device in the Device Manager?

Have you considered using the Recovery Manager --> install Applications and drivers section to install the driver? 

Try this version

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5086734&sp...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
yes... but the driver from your link is same as before... the error message pop-out "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."
HP Recommended

When you answer yes or no, please specify what you are answering.

In the device manager, right click on the device with no driover installed and select and click on Properties. See the following image. Select the tab as seen and use the drop down to select Hardware ids.

how to identify a device with PCI VEN.png

HP Recommended

Hi:

You need one of these two drivers based on the chipset/processor your notebook has.

If your notebook has a Mobile Intel Series 6 chipset and a second generation core processor, you need this driver.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5086734&sp...

If your notebook has a Mobile Intel Series 5 chipset and a first generation core processor, you need this driver.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5086734&sp...

If you have no clue, try them both because one of them is sure to work.

HP Recommended

2014-06-15_221514.jpg

this is for installing second generation core processor....

2014-06-15_222128.jpg

this is for installing first generation core processor....

HP Recommended

sorry... what I mean by YES are i have tried the actions you mention...

by the way, I do not understand the image you upload... what the purpose selecting Hardware lds?

HP Recommended

I don't get why neither of those drivers worked.

The purpose of getting the hardware ID is in the illustration you see, is the hardware manufacturers code for the device.

You can google the code and find out what the device is, and then get the driver for it.

So, now that you know what this is for, please post it so we can identify the troublesome device and go from there.

I still think it is one of those drivers that is needed, and we may have to manually install it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.