cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ravin661 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

i have order recovery disk  a few months ago for a back up just in case. I have never used them and I PUT THEM IN AND THERE IN AND NOTHING  even after i rebooted my system. The worst part is all of my mid term are due tomorrow for collage ask why so late well cause of the Waldo fire in co i had an extension cause i was a Evacuee's. Well it has been way to long for hp to do any thing about the disks i ordered months ago if just in case. And now they don't work!! Could any one help i live in colorado springs if someone has some i could use or some thing please .  

ravin661
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
105426 95977 14822 22797
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Hi:

Put disk #1 in your notebook and reboot it. Then at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the F9 key to launch the one time boot menu.

Select the DVD rom drive and hit the enter key.

Then watch the screen carefully for a message that states in substance "Attempting to boot from DVD. Press any key to boot from DVD.

Press any key and the PC should boot from the recovery DVD.

Follow the on screen instructions.

Paul

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation