Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DV7-6C43CL
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

ACQUIRED AN HP DV76C43CL AND THINGS WERE GOING GOOD AS I RESTORED IT TO FACTORY SETTINGS-ALL THROUGH THE RESTORE NO PROBLEMS THEN I GET DONE AND AFTER RESTART - THE SCREEN STARTS THIS PULSING OFF AN ON- THE KB LITES ARE ON PLUS F11 (ORANGE) AND THEN AFTER SOME 8  SCREEN PULSES THE MACHINE SHUTS DOWN - WONT TURN ON

WITHOUT A HARD RESET -[-------------MOTHERBOARD?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @LR7575

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows and screen is flashing.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below articles and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2febsqV

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

DID HARD reset TO BOOT - I WISH THE HR FIX WAS THAT EASY --BUT IT BOOTS AND THEN EVERYTHING RUNS FOR 20 MINUTES FINE THEN IT STARTS --SCREEN GOES BLACK THEN TO LOG IN PAGE--POWER SWITCH LITE BLINKS A FEW TIMES THEN SCREEN COMES ON AND THEN THE CYCLE STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN<   yesterday it ran for 2 hrs  andI checked the windows updates -ok -could not check chipset and drivers - wont stay powered up today

UPDATE- ran the recovery off the hdd segment just hoping to clear the shut down problem ---All the time of doing the recovery --no shut downs---finished and setup some things again---didnt last long --screen went black and cycled to the login page-black and off again and blinking led on power switch and then back to the log in page and so on

HP Recommended

Hi @LR7575

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your time and efforts.

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2lAm6Js

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.