cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
CaliforniaBrit
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Palm Desktop HotSync Not Working

With reference to “Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the port is in use by another application”,  the solution in Article ID: 31375 does not make sense to me. I quote “Then, instead of tapping the HotSync icon in the Writing Area, tap the large onscreen HotSync icon in the middle of the HotSync application screen.”

What on earth is a “Writing Area” as opposed to the “application screen”? I assume you’re talking about the screen of my handheld (Treo 650), not my computer screen? My handheld has only one screen and one HotSync icon.

I have tried dozens of fixes, but I can no longer get my Treo to HotSync with my new Acer Travelmate running Palm Desktop 6.2.2 under Windows 7 64 bit. It worked fine for several months until one day, I lost all my Datebook data. The datebook.dat and datebook.bak files were both empty! I then found that my handheld (which was a few months out of date) would not HotSync any more. I also noticed that the alarm function no longer worked either (yes “Always Available” is still selected).

Please explain your solution.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
drbill48
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

palm does not work
0 Kudos
CaliforniaBrit
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What do you mean "Palm does not work"?

@drbill48 wrote:
palm does not work

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation