Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gavardos Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 11-n084sa, plugged in, not charging

HP Pavilion 11-n084sa
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have the above notebook but it says "plugged in, not charging" and the battery does not hold power.

This is what's been found so far:

• The power charger is ok, I have tried more than one and also tested it with a multimeter.
  • The DC jack is ok, I have tried another brand new one.

UEFI HP Diagnostics say that:

• AC adaptor test: passed
  • Battery Check - Primary - OK (4)
  • The battery charge check was unable to test the primary battery.
  • Component test: warning
  • The battery is deeply discharged. (I left it plugged in charging for a couple of hours but did not do anything)

Battery details

Charge capacity: 96%

Battery Age: 743 days

Design capacity: 3820 mah

Full charge capacity: 3683mah

Remaining capacity: 0mah

Current: 0 ma

Battery Status: OK (4)

FAILURE ID: OK,

Terminal voltage: 5624mv

Design voltage: 7600mv

Cell voltage 1: 2251mv

Cell voltage 2: 3373mv

AC power: Yes

All HP software drivers and windows drivers have been updated and I have also tried holding down the power button with the battery out to drain the power, removed the ACPI compliant driver.

I've also tried booting off a linux usb which when loaded, says charging but it does not change from 0% at all.

Possible battery or systemboard error?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation