Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TDriver Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 11 x360 ram upgrade problem

Pavilion 11 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks,

Upgraded the ram recently from 4GB to the max 8GB and now the touchscreen doesn't work. Everything else works fine (and the machine is much faster than before so at least that part of the operation was a success.)

Double checked all internal connections, nothing to note.

In Device Manager the 12C HID device is marked as a problem, and it reports that 'this device cannot start, Code 10, device returned an invalid HID descriptor'.

Driver is from 2006 but there seems to be no newer version.

Tried updating/uninstalling/reinstalling/disabling the problem device to no avail.

I've since updated all  the drivers that have an update available, relevant devices or not.

Rotation Lock is greyed out and if I do rotate the machine it sometimes gets stuck in portrait mode.

System info: 'Pen and Touch - no pen or touch input is available for this display'.

I've run out of ideas so I'm hoping that someone here may have a suggestion or two.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
46148 40410 4373 11187
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try running the hardware device troubleshooter from Microsoft

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/hardware_device_problems

Five things to try if your touchscreen does not work after an update

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/f5785c2a-abc2-b758-7317-196bcbcb14c1/five-things-...

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

TDriver Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help but I'm afraid it didn't work.

The MS Troubleshooter tells me that there's a problem with the Device Driver but was unable to fix it.

The 5 things to try was stuff I'd already tried.

Thanks anyway :-)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation