Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 4
71 60 4 3
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Pavilion 14 v042tx new BIOS update causes power button to remain on

HP Recommended

Dear erico,

I have tried to flash older BIOS from F42 to F09 using HP PC Diagnostics UEFI, but when i choose the binary file, it's always show Signature file failed or something.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,220 41,468 4,526 11,891
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Robith wrote:
Dear erico,

I have tried to flash older BIOS from F42 to F09 using HP PC Diagnostics UEFI, but when i choose the binary file, it's always show Signature file failed or something.

Which notebook do you have?

Is it identical to the one the original author of this thread has?

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread #Don'tBeAntisocialWearAMask
#PracticeSocialDistancing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 4
71 60 4 3
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Dear erico,

My notebook is Pavilion 14 v042tx. Everything works fine, but my new BIOS (F42) have shutdown problem on my notebook, sometimes when i shutdown my notebook, the power indicator still on but hard drive indicator off, i must hold the power button 5 second to turn it off.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Robith wrote:
Dear erico,

My notebook is Pavilion 14 v042tx. Everything works fine, but my new BIOS (F42) have shutdown problem on my notebook, sometimes when i shutdown my notebook, the power indicator still on but hard drive indicator off, i must hold the power button 5 second to turn it off.

You should have started your own thread. I will move it for you to a unique thread.

What is the installed OS?

Which version of the PC Hardware Diagnostics do you have installed?

The latest version is  V.5.9.0.0.0 found at the following URL. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72895.exe

Press the power button and then immediately begin tapping the F2 key to invoke the UEFI Hardware diagnostics.

Choose firmware management and in the following Window choose rollback. Since you have updated the BIOS this should be an available option.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

Highlighted
Author
Level 4
71 60 4 3
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Windows version is 8.1 Enterprise 64bit installed in UEFI mode and i also installed the latest HP PC Diagnostics as you mentioned, but when i trying to Rollback using USB Mode there is a problem, it always showing Signature error when i choose the BIOS bin file version F09. I use USB Mode because in default Rollback the BIOS version is same with installed BIOS (F42). Any suggestion how to install it? Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, unless extracting the softpaq provides the .bin and.sig files, the only way I know of to get a signature file is to use a third party utility from one of the BIOS forums. Using utilities like those comes with inherent risks. 

Why are you trying to roll back to such an older BIOS version? There are three other versions available at the support portal download section for your notebook under Windows 8.1.

Take a look at the instruction on the various methods available to you for updating the BIOS that are on the document at the following URL. There is a very detailed description on using the firmware management utility that should help you.

http://support.hp.com/id-en/product/HP-Pavilion-14-Notebook-PC-series/6936223/model/7234484/document...

I am not an HP Employee.

Highlighted
Author
Level 4
71 60 4 3
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have clean install my Windows to 10 Enterprise edition, but the problem still exist. Still looking for BIOS update from HP to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 4
71 60 4 3
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have fixed this problem. The problem is on Intel Management Engine Interface driver, my version was 11 then i downgrade it to version 10 and now my notebook is working properly.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation